Specializing in Car Accident Injuries – Miami Car Accident Lawyer
Miami Car Accident Lawyer Shamis & Gentile, P.A., understand the difficulties that can arise after a car accident. We have witnessed the injuries and damage that can result from a crash and understand the struggle some victims may face in trying to recover compensation for their losses.
Our Miami car accident lawyers handle car accident cases in South Florida and if you’ve suffered any degree of injury, we may be able to help you.
A Miami Car Accident Lawyer at South Florida Injury Attorneys have years of collective experience representing Miami car accident injury victims and successfully obtaining verdicts and settlements.
- handle your car accident case from beginning on the day of the crash to the end whether that is settlement, verdict, or a ruling on appeal,
- investigate, coordinate, litigate, try, and appeal your case if needed and
- fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
If you’ve been in a car accident and are unsure of your next step, please fill out our free case review form. Our firm will review your claim for free and determine if our car accident lawyers may be able to help you with your Miami personal injury claim. Call us for a free case evaluation at 305-479-2299.
How Can a Miami Car Accident Lawyer Help?
Statistics show that driving is getting more dangerous each year. In fact, new preliminary 2016 data from the National Safety Council estimates that as many as 40,000 people died in motor vehicles crashes last year, a 6% rise from 2015. If those numbers bear out, it would be a 14% increase in deaths since 2014, the biggest two-year jump in more than five decades. It also means that 2016 may have been the deadliest year on U.S. roads since 2007, the NSC says.
There are specific rules and regulations that can complicate insurance claims and the recovery of additional damages, such as for pain and suffering, in cases of severe injury or death. An attorney can help ensure you receive full benefits from the insurance company and determine whether you can file a claim for additional damages against the party at fault in the event of a car accident.
If you have suffered any degree of injury, we may be able to help you file a lawsuit to claim compensation beyond what is provided by insurance claims.
Preparing a Car Accident Claim
Once you’ve exhausted your personal injury protection (PIP) benefits and decide you want to take legal action against the driver at fault for the crash, our attorneys can begin preparing your claim by:
- Collecting police and accident scene reports
- Questioning witnesses
- Reconstructing the accident scene
- Taking photographs of the scene, damage, and injuries
- Analyzing medical reports
- Contacting expert witnesses to review evidence
- Speaking with the insurance providers on your behalf
The insurance company or negligent party from which you are attempting to collect compensation will work to categorize your injury as temporary, rather than permanent. Your attorney can collect and organize evidence on your behalf to rebut the defendant’s claims.
Miami Car Accident Lawyer Shamis & Gentile, P.A. Explain Injuries and Compensation
Because each accident is different, the extent of injuries suffered will vary between cases. In many cases, the costs for treatment of the injuries sustained will not be covered by PIP insurance and will require additional litigation or negotiations.
Some car accident injuries that we may attempt to collect compensation for include, but are not limited to:
- Burns and scars
- Loss of limbs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries
- Joint, muscle, back, neck, and bone injuries
- Knee damage
- Permanent disability
- Wrongful death
Miami Car Accident Lawyer Accident Cases
Shamis & Gentile, P.A. handles a variety of personal injury cases resulting from car accidents, including those stemming from:
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence
- Reckless driving
- Rear-end collisions
- Side-impact collisions
- Sideswipe collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Multiple party accidents
- Distracted driving
If you have been in an automobile accident, you should contact a Miami car accident lawyer as soon as you can.
There is a limited window in which you can file a claim with an attorney. Our attorneys are also experienced in a variety of practice areas, including:
- personal injury protection,
- spam text messages,
- hip replacement recalls,
- hernia mesh lawsuits and more.
Why Should I Get An Attorney After A Car Accident?
Many people wonder whether they should get a car accident lawyer even if the accident was not their fault. A car accident can be very stressful. If you are recovering from injuries, it is always the best to hire a lawyer so that you can focus on your recovery. Appointing an attorney for your case, even if the accident was not a result of your negligence, will give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing a professional is:
- Filing claims when needed,
- Representing you in court, and
- Pursuing any insurance claims on your behalf.
Which Type of Information Will My Lawyer Require For A Car Accident Claim?
Relevant information that you should gather immediately after an accident includes the following:
- The names, contact details and addresses of all the parties involved in the accident (including those of the medical professionals and police on the scene),
- Names, contact details and addresses of any eye witnesses,
- Photos of the accident scene,
- Information about weather conditions and/or road works,
- Medical reports from your doctor,
- A logbook of the hours that you missed from work, and
- Reports from all the other medical professionals that were involved in your treatment such as chiropractors or physiotherapists.
Shamis & Gentile, P.A. is injury attorneys in South Florida. We are leading car accident attorneys who will fight your case for you. Our years of experience in representing clients who have been in accidents, will ensure you get the compensation you deserve. Contact our car accident lawyers for more information today.