Mariam Grigorian, Esq.
Mariam Grigorian is a partner at Shamis & Gentile, P.A. Mrs. Grigorian’s practice involves all aspects of complex, high-level class action litigation. Mrs. Grigorian has extensive experience litigating claims in multiple state and federal jurisdictions across the country involving consumer fraud, deceptive and unfair trade practices, false advertising, insurance, privacy, and complex commercial disputes. Mrs. Grigorian has assisted in litigating hundreds of cases and recovering millions of dollars owed to clients.
Some of the notable recoveries Mrs. Grigorian has assisted in securing include the following:
- Avila-Preciado v. Horace Mann Property & Cas. Ins. Co., No. 19-CA-004683 (Fla. 20th Cir. Ct.) ($290,000.00 Class Settlement)
- Beau v. Ocean Harbor Casualty Insurance Co., No. CACE18029268 (Fla. 17th Cir. Ct.) ($4,000,000.00 Class Settlement)
- Bracero, et. al. v. Mendota Insurance Company, No. 19-CA-015886 (Fla. 11th Cir. Ct.) ($790,000.00 Class Settlement)
- Cruz-Santiago v. Amica Mutual Insurance Company, No. 19-CA-006930 (Fla. 13th Cir. Ct.) ($464,168.00 ClassSettlement)
- Deleon III, et. al. v. Direct General Insurance Company, et. al. No. 19-CA-001636 (Fla. 9th Cir. Ct.) ($2,450,000.00 Class Settlement)
- George v. Peachtree Cas. Ins. Co., No. CA-19-674 (Fla. 7th Cir. Ct.) ($580,000.00 Class Settlement)
- Hindes v. Ohio Mutual Insurance Company, No. 20CV007627 (Franklin County, OH) ($1,875,000.00 Class Settlement)
- Jacques, et. al. V. Security National Insurance Company, No. CACE19002236 (Fla. 17th Cir. Ct.) ($6,000,000.00 Class Settlement)
- Locke v. Nationwide Insurance Company of America, No. 19-12148 CIDL (Fla. 7th Cir. Ct.) ($540,000.00 Class Settlement)
- McGowan v. First Acceptance Insurance Company, Inc., No. 21-CA-004864 (Fla. 9th Cir. Ct.) ($2,200,000.00 Class Settlement)
- Ostendorf v. Grange Indem. Ins. Co., No. 2:19-CV-1147 (S.D. Ohio 2020) ($12,000,000.00 Class Settlement)
- Petit Beau, et. al., v. Ocean Harbor Casualty Insurance Company, No. CACE-18-029268 (Fla. 17th Cir. Ct.) ($4,500,000.000 Class Settlement)
- Robley v. IDS Property Casualty Insurance Company, No. 19-022263-CA-10 (Fla. 11th Cir. Ct.) ($105,000.00Class Settlement)
- Smart, et. al. v. Auto Club Insurance Company of Florida, et. al., No. 19-CA-005580 (Fla. 13th Cir. Ct.) ($780,000.00 Class Settlement)
- Suarez v. MAPFRE Insurance Company of Florida, No. 19-02729-CA-01 (Fla. 11th Cir. Ct.) ($633,525.25 Class Settlement)
During most of law school Mrs. Grigorian clerked at Shamis & Gentile, earning a full-time attorney position after her excellent work product for both named partners. Mrs. Grigorian is known for her excellent drafting skills and litigation strategy. Mrs. Grigorian is admitted to practice law in the state of Florida, as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Florida.
Mrs. Grigorian graduated cum laude from the University of Florida in 2015 where she received dual degrees in Political Science and Criminology, with a minor in Business Administration. Mrs. Grigorian then earned her Juris Doctorate from the University of Miami School of Law in 2018, where she graduated cum laude. While in law school, Mrs. Grigorian gave several CLE presentations to practicing lawyers as a member of the Professional Responsibility and Ethics Program (PREP), was on the Dean’s List, and received a Dean’s Merit Scholarship.